Baking soda or Sodium Bicarbonate has myriad of uses and because of that it is very much useful in many areas of living starting from household issues to cosmetics and healthy lifestyle.
In the case of cosmetics, especially when hair is concerned baking soda takes the leading place for proper hair care. It can strengthen it, boosts its volume and keep it dandruff free.
Continue reading and find out the best baking soda uses:
- Sodium bicarbonate supports hair growth
If you have weak and slow growing hair, then you need a little bit of baking soda to solve this hair issue. Thanks to the use of baking soda your hair roots will be substantially simulated for rapid hair growth thus making your hair to grow like crazy. In the end, you will gain long, strong and healthy hair.
- Sodium Bicarbonate eliminates chlorine
If you prefer swimming thus making you a frequent visitor to the swimming pools which are packed with chlorine, then you will need baking soda as it is very helpful in successful removal of chlorine residues. As you may already know chlorine can be very damaging for the health of your hair, it is so powerful that it can even change the color of your hair. Therefore, protect your hair by the use of baking soda.
- Sodium bicarbonate removes residues from cosmetics’ products
You can remove any leftovers from cosmetics products or shampoos by the use of baking soda. This is very important for the scalp and the health of your hair, therefore use baking soda regularly.
Baking Soda Recipe
This is very helpful recipe if you want efficiently to eliminate hair or scalp dirt very quickly, and the only ingredient you need is baking soda.
- Blend in baking soda and water in the ratio of 1:3, and then transfer the mixture in a spraying bottle.
- If you have longer hair, you will need more of the mixture.
- If you have medium-long hair, then you will have to use 1 tablespoon of baking soda and 6 tablespoons of water.
- You can use this treatment either on wet or dry hair, and always start at the roots and move to the ends of the hair.
- Leave the mixture to do the job for several minutes, and after that wash it off with warm water.
There is also another great mixture consisted of apple cider vinegar and water in the ratio of 1:4. For more pleasant fragrance, you can include couple of drops of an essential oil at your own preference.
NOTE: You need to apply this solution with your head leaned backwards in order to avoid eye contact.
Baking soda is safe, cheap, and very effective, so there is no harm in trying out.